This new ebook has been written by recent graduates of University of Alberta’s MEdTL program. The book presents chapters under 5 broad aspects of the teacher librarian experience:
- Becoming and being a teacher librarian
- TLs engaging and supporting students
- TLs becoming and being literacy leaders
- TLs becoming and being technology leaders
- TLs becoming and being school leaders
What I particularly like about this book is the chapter structure where all authors were asked to use this 4 point framework:
- Why should school leaders care …?
- What do school leaders need to know…?
- What can school leaders do about … ?
- What does this mean for school leaders…?
The framework is based on the expectation that school principals, and others playing a leadership role in the school, are proactive in taking responsibility for developing, implementing and evaluating an effective school library program.
Congratulations to editors, Jennifer Branch-Mueller and Wei Wei, and program supporter, Dianne Oberg. This is a powerful way of giving new TL graduates a voice as authors, while providing professional learning material for those currently enrolled in a Masters in TLship program, for TL practitioners and school leaders.