Via Scoop.it – Student Learning through School Libraries
Last week we saw a Washington TL receive his state-based teaching excellence award, and this week Australian teacher librarians are shouting from the rooftop the accolades of Jo Sherrin, a teacher librarian from the Northern Territory who has been announced the winner of the AITSL Primary Teacher of the Year. AISTL is the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership. Each year a primary teacher, secondary teacher, primary school principal and secondary school principal are awarded in recognition of their work as an outstanding teacher and leader within their school. Jo has been recognised as “a highly accomplished and innovative teacher-librarian who consistently creates learning opportunities to meet the diverse learning needs of the Bradshaw Primary School community, of which 50 percent are Indigenous students. Jo’s outstanding teaching, particularly in foundational literacy skills, is based on sound educational research, a thorough knowledge of her students and the use of cultural and geographical experiences which connect students with their heritage and history and nurture a love of literature and learning”. This is a powerful example of the teaching role of the TL in a school. To receive such recognition of excellence at the national level is an outstanding achievement.
- FAIR’s Impact of the Great School Libraries Report 2016
- New ACER report: What the Staff in Australia’s Schools survey tell us about teachers working in school libraries
- Ebooks Can be a Great Choice for Middle Schoolers
- My Story: From a Job Cut to Becoming School Librarian of the Year | edu@scholastic
- Hot off the press – Becoming and Being: Reflections on Teacher-Librarianship Volume 2
- 21st century skills access vs ownership advocacy Australian media blended learning blogs books censorship Charles Sturt University collaborative practice collections content curation creativity critical thinking curriculum renewal DEHub digital citizens digital citizenship digital libraries digital literacy distance education distributive leadership documenting evidence e-books effective TLs elearning Faculty of Education flexible learning Flexible Learning Institute (FLI) FLI Teaching Fellow funding GradCertTL higher education iCentre ICT skills iif2009 independent learners infographic information policy information professionals inquiry learning learning design libraries literacy literary learning MAppScTL MEdTL national library of australia pedagogical fusion pedagogy professional associations project based learning public libraries reading research residential schools resourcing the curriculum school libraries school library futures School of Information Studies smart info use social networking student achievement student learning student voice teacher librarians teacher librarianship technology technology adoption technology provision TL role transformational change Twitter Web 2.0 website evaluation
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
My Flickr Pool