Via Scoop.it – Student Learning through School Libraries
Local Sydney newspaper ‘Rouse Hill Times’ article claims, “A clever new library system has allowed Hills Catholic schools to increase the amount of books they can access by a staggering 78 times.” This is a great example of an education system initiative that positions the school library and TL at the heart of ebook integration in schools, as per system rep’s quote, “The more our schools move into this connected, global world, the more we need to rely on the skills of our teacher librarians to make those connections and source relevant information.” YES!!
- FAIR’s Impact of the Great School Libraries Report 2016
- New ACER report: What the Staff in Australia’s Schools survey tell us about teachers working in school libraries
- Ebooks Can be a Great Choice for Middle Schoolers
- My Story: From a Job Cut to Becoming School Librarian of the Year | edu@scholastic
- Hot off the press – Becoming and Being: Reflections on Teacher-Librarianship Volume 2
- 21st century skills access vs ownership advocacy Australian media blended learning blogs books censorship Charles Sturt University collaborative practice collections content curation creativity critical thinking curriculum renewal DEHub digital citizens digital citizenship digital libraries digital literacy distance education distributive leadership documenting evidence e-books effective TLs elearning Faculty of Education flexible learning Flexible Learning Institute (FLI) FLI Teaching Fellow funding GradCertTL higher education iCentre ICT skills iif2009 independent learners infographic information policy information professionals inquiry learning learning design libraries literacy literary learning MAppScTL MEdTL national library of australia pedagogical fusion pedagogy professional associations project based learning public libraries reading research residential schools resourcing the curriculum school libraries school library futures School of Information Studies smart info use social networking student achievement student learning student voice teacher librarians teacher librarianship technology technology adoption technology provision TL role transformational change Twitter Web 2.0 website evaluation
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
My Flickr Pool