Great to see a teacher librarian achieve ‘street cred’ by being featured in the New York Times. This article and accompanying videoclip illustrate the importance of having a dynamic information specialist on staff who is both a qualified teacher and librarian. Presents the importance of the TL’s role in supporting the development of students’ literacy skills as well as critical thinking skills. Note Rosalia’s advice to the young 5th grader about the need to select books that are of an appropriate reading age in order to ‘have fun’ in the coming week.
- FAIR’s Impact of the Great School Libraries Report 2016
- New ACER report: What the Staff in Australia’s Schools survey tell us about teachers working in school libraries
- Ebooks Can be a Great Choice for Middle Schoolers
- My Story: From a Job Cut to Becoming School Librarian of the Year | edu@scholastic
- Hot off the press – Becoming and Being: Reflections on Teacher-Librarianship Volume 2
- 21st century skills access vs ownership advocacy Australian media blended learning blogs books censorship Charles Sturt University collaborative practice collections content curation creativity critical thinking curriculum renewal DEHub digital citizens digital citizenship digital libraries digital literacy distance education distributive leadership documenting evidence e-books effective TLs elearning Faculty of Education flexible learning Flexible Learning Institute (FLI) FLI Teaching Fellow funding GradCertTL higher education iCentre ICT skills iif2009 independent learners infographic information policy information professionals inquiry learning learning design libraries literacy literary learning MAppScTL MEdTL national library of australia pedagogical fusion pedagogy professional associations project based learning public libraries reading research residential schools resourcing the curriculum school libraries school library futures School of Information Studies smart info use social networking student achievement student learning student voice teacher librarians teacher librarianship technology technology adoption technology provision TL role transformational change Twitter Web 2.0 website evaluation
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
My Flickr Pool